Friday, October 2, 2009

Awards

Soooooo I've been lucky enough to get two awards of late but have been slack and not blogged about them!

The first was from Seraphim over at Oh, the possibilities! and it was an Honest Scrap award. This award means alot to me because it's the one thing that I try to be most of all on this blog - honest. It may not win me any friends and at times it may lose me readers but when I'm being honest about my feelings, my thoughts and my experiences then I'm being true to myself. My blog is my sanctuary, where I can be myself uncensored and just be.

I now have to tell you ten things about myself. You're not supposed to know these things about me but after the week I've had, I may cheat and throw some things in that you already do know about me, if you find you do, my most humble apologies and please ask for a raincheck for a complete new fact about me in the comment section!

#1 BikerMan and I met on the internet a week after I arrived in Europe to work as a Nanny for an American family. We spoke on the internet for hours every day for a couple of weeks before we spoke on the phone and then at the end of the month he came down to where I lived so we could meet.

#2 He proposed a month after we met (and I'd accepted!) and we were married a year after we first met.

#3 BikerMans family boycotted our wedding. They loved me til we said we were getting married and then they turned into the family that likes to hate. They didn't care that I made him happy, all they could see was that I was "taking him away from them" and so they ruined our day. His Dad didn't bother to come at all and the rest of his family walked out after the ceremony. To this day we still don't speak to his parents and have only just recently started speaking to his sister again after 8 years of no contact. 10 years on we get the last laugh because we're still together and as in love as ever.

#4 I will never EVER forgive his family for how they made BikerMan feel on our wedding day, nor will I ever forgive them for ruining our wedding day - when I think of our wedding day, their behaviour is all I can think about.

#5 BikerMan is 10years and 3 months older than me and yet I still love him and his ever greying hair - he says it's my fault his hair is grey (and yes I'm laffin my arse off as I type this!!)

#6 I love BikerMan a little more each day - something I never thought possible.

#7 I hate spring because I get hayfever and the season is just about to swing into action here.

#8 I have a secret desire to be thin, wear black jeans, a long black leather coat, paint my nails black, wear heavy eye makeup and not care what anyone thinks about me!

#9 I loooooooong to know how to apply great eye makeup! I sooooo want to do "smoky eyes" but have never mastered it yet - anyone want to teach me?

#10 I miss my beloved Dad more and more each day.....


My nominees that I'm going to pass this award onto are:-

Irish Girl

Hopes and Dreams for Us


Sprogblogger

Maybe Baby

and last but not least Sass from Secret Life of Sass & Lex


My second award is from Sass over at Secret Life of Sass & Lex and it was an Over The Top award which I sometimes think my blog is LOL but I make no apologies for!!

Ok so I have to answer the below questions with only ONE answer:-

1. Where is your cell phone? KITCHEN
2. Your hair? UP
3. Your mother? WONDERFUL
4. Your father? MISSED
5. Your favorite food? MOST
6. Your dream last night? VIVID
7. Your favorite drink? COFFEE
8. Your dream/goal? HAPPINESS
9. What room are you in? LOUNGE
10. Your hobby? BLOGGING
11. Your fear? UNHAPPINESS
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? D/KNOW
13. Where were you last night? IN BED
14. Something that you aren’t? HAPPY
15. Muffins? NO
16. Wish list item? TRAVEL
17. Where did you grow up? OSTRAHHHHHLIA
18. Last thing you did? TYPED
19. What are you wearing? CLOTHES
20. Your TV? ON
21. Your pets? ASLEEP
22. Friends? V.FEW
23. Your life? SO-SO
24. Your mood? DOWN
25. Missing someone? YES
26. Vehicle? GOES
27. Something you’re not wearing? SOCKS
28. Your favorite store? IKEA
29. Your favorite colour? BLUE
30. When was the last time you laughed? THIS AFTERNOON
31. Last time you cried? TONIGHT
32. Your best friend? IN TRANSITION
33. One place that I go to over and over? BEACH
34. One person who emails me regularly? BIKERMAN
35. Favorite place to eat? HOME

I'm passing this award onto:-

Mindful Meandering


My Grasp At Sanity

No Oven for The Bun

Crazy Lady Ramblings


and last but not least Oh, the possibilities!


I hope I haven't bored you all too much with my dribbling tonight, back to normal posting tomorrow!!

4 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for the shout out!

    Why did Bikerman's family boycott the wedding? That is so bizarre and so very sad.

    I met Jack and got engaged a month later and married a year later too! People were so worried, "will it work," etc, but seven years later here we are. And here you are, still very much in love. Goes to show, you can't predict how these things turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe BikerMan's family???!! OMG!!! How terribley hurtful for you both!
    Thanks for the award!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how in love you and Bikerman are! :) Congrats on the awards, you absolutely deserve them!

    ReplyDelete