Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Gazing from the Window Post

If I stand at our bedroom window and direct my gaze downwards slightly and to the left, my eyes fall upon a seemingly normal house.

This house however isn't normal. Why? Well to put it simply, its the perfect "average" family house.

In this house lives a happily married couple. They built their house the same time we built ours, three and a half years ago. About a year after that along came their first born, turning their coupledom into a family. Another year on, came along their second born, thus expanding their family and turning them into the "average" family.

Their firstborn was a girl. Their secondborn a boy.

Believe me when I say that you cannot get any more "average" aka "perfect" than this couple and their children. Their daughter is gorgeous, their boy even more so. They have the station wagon, family get togethers at Christmas and a Mums group round once every couple of months.

Their weekends are spent doing "family things", bbq's with other parents with children, listening to the Wiggles in the car, laughing in the backyard with their children.

Who knew that being "average" would be so hard to achieve?

I spend alot of time looking out my bedroom window, at the street, at other children playing in the street, the sky and the trees and at their house and their "average" family and life.

However I always make sure to let the curtain drop back into place, hiding my face before the tears fall onto my cheeks.

I never thought I'd ever say this but......I just want to be "average" too.

27 comments:

  1. Me too!! I also want to be average!!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah!
    Being average is like...soooo yesterday.

    But seriously.

    Me too.
    I want all that.
    I can play pretend with my best friends family with her two kids ect and while I'm doing it...It feels so good.
    After though when we drive back to our empty house with our empty bedrooms come the big fat ugly tears.

    Dear Infertility.
    You suck and I hate you.
    Forever,
    Sass.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have nominated you for an award on my blog, because you are. Honest I mean xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second that. I want average and normal more than anything else...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so badly want to be 'normal' and 'average'. I just want my baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wanted to be average or normal but I never will myself...

    (((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a touching post. I also want to be average as well. Here's hoping we all get to be just average soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny thing for me, is that once upon a time, i never thought I would want to be that "normal". Look at me now, 13 years married, 11 years TTC, last 5 years trying IVF. Still far away from "normal" but hope to get there someday. xoxoxo - ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. (*hugs*) I think that's something most of us can relate to. I certainly can- I've had those moments myself. Thinking of you hun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. UGH, I know how you mean! We have the perfect, average neighbors that live across the street from me and I hate them...actually, I'm just jealous of them, I don't really hate them!

    I WANT TO BE JUST AVERAGE TOO!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh, I know exactly how you feel... (beautifully written, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How true! People who conceive easily have no idea how wonderful their "normal" is. May your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know that feeling.

    But don't you ever think that their lives are lacking in imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I spent all my teenage years rebelling against boring and normal, but now... what I would give to be normal, average!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love this post. I've never thought about it just that way, but that's EXACTLY how I feel. I'd give anything to be average.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. But I have to say that average is far from normal. Some times very far.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post. It is a strange shift in mind set to be hoping for average.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful post that brought tears to my eyes. Me too.

    ICLW
    makingmemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could have written this myself. I see it all the time.

    (((Hugs)))

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate that you can't have your wish. It seriously pisses me off that you aren't "average".

    Sending you lots of love and strength. Please know I'm ALWAYS here for you.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh hon...I am so very sorry. It just doesn't seem fair. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  22. you said it, I never would've imagined "average" would be so hard to attain. Perfectly said.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ditto, ditto, ditto!! I have thought and blogged about this too. Who'd have thunk that the ordinary life is in fact so extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This post really hit home for me. I often have the same thoughts when gazing out of my bedroom or living room window.

    Average is something that I would love to be right now. I wish that for you as well.

    ((hugs))

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog today - they mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I definitely know this feeling.
    Definitely.

    ReplyDelete