Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dear Dad.....

I miss you so very much.

It's been just over a year since you passed over and left us with a gaping hole in our lives. The world was robbed of a wonderful man when you left us. You time was far too short and your battle over too quickly (tho thankfully you are now no longer in pain and can breath easy).

Most days I'm fine, others I think of you at the strangest times. You are always in my thoughts and constantly in my heart.

I know that you're still with me, I can feel you and sense you and you make yourself known to me by things only I would pick up on...like the smell of your old work bag, it brings back so many happy memories and yet my eyes are pricked with sadness when I remember them.

Just like it did on the day of your funeral...this song will now always bring tears to my eyes...



I love you Dad and miss you so very very much.

xxxx

6 comments:

  1. thinking of your dad... and you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post & tribute to your precious Daddy.
    Thinking of you!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful letter to your dad. I know he is so very proud of you and he loves you so much.

    I'm sorry you don't have your dad here. I know the feeling and it feels so lonely. Sending you lots of love.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sad and beautiful post. ((Hugs)).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sad and beautiful post! It brought tears to my eyes. Big hugs!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete