Monday, April 27, 2009

Who Am I?

Some of you know me, others do not.

The info on my sidebar should give you a pretty good rundown on what I'm all about but in case it doesn't here it comes.....

I'm approaching my 30's, with rapid speed I might add.

I AM indeed married to my soul.mate ~ he shall be known as BikerMan. We got engaged after a month of doing the long distance weekend commute relationship, so technically, we got engaged after spending only 8 days together. We got married within 11 months of meeting each other. We've been together for 10 years and married for 9 this year. We started playing the "lets hope the sperm meets the egg" game somewhere in between both.

In our 10 years together, we have moved from one side of the world to other. Stopped speaking to some family, starting speaking to other family and lost much loved family members along the way.

We've lived in many houses, made new friends, treasured old ones and have two dogs and countless fish. We've had a few different jobs, borrowed money and paid money back. We've been on holiday and we've renovated our home. We've bought new cars and got rid of old ones. We live in a sunny warm climate & have another house in a colder climate on an island.

Somewhere in the mix of all that, we've also had four pregnancies. And lost four pregnancies.

I wanted to paint the rest of our lives out before I mentioned the pregnancies because the pregnancies and their subsequent losses, do not define who we are, nor who we are to become or the pathway we are to now travel down. They ARE part of who we are but they are not WHAT we are.

Yes we desperately wanted to be parents and deep down that desperation is still there but we will not let it rule our lives and so we have turned off the TTC pathway and are now following a new path, OUR path, the one thats right for us. Will it lead to parenthood? Who knows? I suppose anything is possible but I DO know that this is not our focus anymore. We have embraced the possibility of a life without knowing parenthood and you know what?

That is perfectly, just fine.

9 comments:

  1. You make me smile. Even when I don't want to smile. Thank you for that!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound a lot like my husband and I. We met and spent a few hours together, then had a long distance relationship for 2 weeks before getting engaged. Then, 2w later, exchanged vows. In those 11 years, we've had 3 miscarriages and lost 3 babies to premature birth. Pregnant with twins again, we are now doing everything we can to hold on to this pregnancy and it is so terrifying. But we are grateful for each second with all our babies and will always do whatever we can to make them proud.

    Good luck in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful introduction.
    Looking forward to reading your blog regularly.
    Rosemary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the wonderful introduction. I'm looking forward to visiting often.

    Mr. Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to your new abode...Find peace.
    All the very best and good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back! Like the new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muah Muah Muah! I missed you so! So glad you are back and I LOVE the background - my favorite flower AND my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to give you a big HUG and thank you for your beautiful words on my blog today. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete